It is the mission of the school counseling program at Poplar Grove to work collaboratively with faculty/staff, students, families and community members to help meet the academic, personal/social and career preparation needs of ALL students. It is our hope that by following the State of Tennessee standards, all students will be academically prepared, well adjusted members of society, lifelong learners and productive citizens.
The following principles of the Tennessee Comprehensive School Counseling Program* guide the curriculum, mission, activities and overall focus of the Poplar Grove school counseling program.
- All students* can achieve.
- All students* have dignity and worth.
- All students* need, deserve and must be provided a quality education.
- All students* need, deserve and must be provided the support and guidance of caring, knowledgeable and skilled adults throughout their educational experience in order to ensure success.
- Quality comprehensive school counseling programs are vital to the overall success of all students*, schools and communities.
[*Regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic status, learning ability level or language]