It is the mission of the school counseling program at Poplar Grove to work collaboratively with faculty/staff, students, families and community members to help meet the academic, personal/social and career preparation needs of ALL students.
The following principles of the Tennessee Comprehensive School Counseling Program* guide the curriculum, mission, activities and overall focus of the Poplar Grove school counseling program.
- All students* can achieve.
- All students* have dignity and worth.
- All students* need, deserve and must be provided a quality education.
- All students* need, deserve and must be provided the support and guidance of caring, knowledgeable and skilled adults throughout their educational experience in order to ensure success.
- Quality comprehensive school counseling programs are vital to the overall success of all students*, schools and communities.
[*Regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic status, learning ability level or language]